What we offer
Starting salary: £17,500 pro rata
Location: Nottingham / Coventry
Here at E.ON, we harness energy from all manner of places. From the air and the earth. From older, reliable sources and newer, sustainable ones. And we deliver intelligent energy solutions across the UK thanks to the help of our Support Functions. If you want to have a tangible impact on the future of our industry, this is where to start.
What you'll do
You’ll be part of the team that helps our front line staff to deliver to their remits. So, for instance, you could find yourself working on Health & Safety projects, going to offshore wind farms to implement continuous improvement or looking after our complaints process and how we respond to customer feedback.
This 10-week Support Functions Summer Placement is a strategist’s dream entry into the professional world. If you’re turned on by the ways in which the smallest of changes to process can significantly affect outcomes, this is your chance to make an entire career of it.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for:
- People who get a kick out of looking at the bigger picture of our activity and immediately spotting the detail that will vastly improve it
- Focused, career-minded students who know they have a truly special affinity for process but haven’t yet realised how it can be turned into a career
- The kind of students who find delight in the minutiae and turning even barely noticeable issues into hugely impactful changes
- Strategic Business Managers of the future who are as confident in front of senior managers as they are in front of complex data and project schemas
- To be working towards a degree in any subject
- A commitment to travelling to remote parts of the country to work on demanding projects
- A level of confidence that allows you to turn your brilliant analytical skills into convincing and eye-opening reports
- The drive to have a holistic impact on one of the UK’s leading energy providers and the commercial awareness to make it happen
And, at the end of that journey, you’ll be proud to say that you were part of the generation that changed everything. And with a career ahead of you that’s as sustainable as the energy you brought to it.
Applications for this scheme are now closed.