in the RateMyApprenticeship’s Top 100 Employers 2019 – 2020
in the UK top 50 Inclusive Employers
Why pick E.ON?
There are so many options when your child leaves school. And we understand that it can feel very difficult to make the best choice together. An apprenticeship is perfect for someone who is keen to develop their skills and knowledge while still working towards a qualification.
We have lots of experience of running apprenticeship programmes across our diverse range of departments. As a parent, you’ll be supporting your son or daughter in the next steps after school, so that’s why we’ve put together some useful information to help you determine whether an apprenticeship is right for their career.
If your son or daughter is considering an apprenticeship, our regular career inspiration weeks are a perfect introduction. The week focuses on CV and interview support, learning about the energy sector and getting the opportunity to present ideas to E.ON’s leaders. For more information click here.
The benefits of an apprenticeship
- Apprenticeships give fantastic experience of the working world. They are structured training programmes that provide real life work experience, while also working towards a nationally recognised qualification.
- Apprenticeships offer a varied learning experience. Most of the time it'll be applying what they’ve learned in a real life job
- They earn while they learn. No student loans, no tuition fees and no debt. Even better; they’ll be paid a competitive salary that’ll rise in 12 months
Why choose an apprenticeship with us?
- 98% of our apprentices start a full-time job with us once finishing their apprenticeship
- We work closely with our Ofsted inspected training providers, to ensure qualifications are relevant and can be embedded on the job
- Excellent support within our apprentice community, with a buddy system helping everyone settle in
- Annual apprenticeship celebration event, focusing on the achievements of our apprentices and thier personal development activities
Imogen’s Dad Testimonial
The Business Management and Leadership Degree Apprenticeship with E.ON sounded like the perfect opportunity for Imogen. She's always had great interest in the energy industry, and prior to starting found that she flourished when learning by doing. The apprenticeship has allowed that style of learning, and has created a win-win situation as she is also able to gain a degree whilst working in a fantastic organisation.
We feel that Imogen had high levels of support during the onboarding process, including having an induction alongside other degree apprentices and graduates in the first week.
The degree apprenticeship is run in a structured and supportive manner. Imogen has had 20% of her time dedicated specifically to learning, and always has access to a graduate buddy, senior mentor and a line manager for any support and advice.
Ready to begin your dream career at E.ON?
Click below to search and apply for our current Apprenticeship opportunities.